- Serves: 4-6
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cooking time: 40 min
1 packet Heartland NZ pork sausages
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green apple, sliced
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp malt vinegar
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium heat and fry sausages until brown and just cooked. Place sausages into a casserole dish and set aside.
- In the same pan, fry the garlic, onion and apple over medium heat until soft – about 10 minutes. Add cayenne pepper (optional).
- Add apple mixture to sausages, as well as tomatoes, tomato sauce, BBQ sauce, brown sugar and malt vinegar. Mix together until well combined.
- Cover casserole dish with a lid, and cook in the oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with mashed potatoes or rice.