Parmesan Herb Pork Schnitzel
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 15 min
- Cooking time: 10 min
1 packet Heartland NZ pork schnitzel
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- ½ cup parmesan, grated
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp sage or parsley, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup flour
- In a shallow dish, combine flour with salt and pepper.
- Place beaten egg in another shallow bowl.
- Place breadcrumbs, grated parmesan, lemon zest and sage or parsley in a third shallow dish.
- Coat each schnitzel in flour, then egg, then crumb mixture until well coated.
- Heat some oil in a pan over medium-high heat, and fry each schnitzel for about 3 minutes either side.
- Serve with potato salad and coleslaw, or mashed potatoes and steamed greens.