Sweet Pork Stir-Fry
- Serves: 4
- Prep time: 10 min
- Cooking time: 20 min
1 packet Heartland NZ pork schnitzel, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated
- 3 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 1 bunch bok choy, shredded
- 1 broccoli, cut into florets
- 200g green beans
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp kecap manis, or sweet soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp peanut oil
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- ½ cup crispy fried shallots or onions
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Jasmine rice
- 2 cups water
- Place Jasmine rice in a pot or rice cooker. Add water and cook until soft and fluffy.
- Meanwhile, heat peanut oil in a wok or large frypan over high heat, and cook pork strips for 3 minutes.
- Add salt, pepper, garlic, ginger and onions and cook until soft – about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, broccoli and bok choy. Stir-fry for about 5-10 minutes – or until veggies soften.
- Mix through soy sauces and hoisin sauce. Remove from heat and add bean sprouts and crispy fried shallots.
- Serve steaming hot over cooked rice.